If u do not know where it exists.. i would like to pen down a brief info about my Place.
It is a small project township approximately 17km from DAndeli in H@liyal taluk of Karwar district (Uttara kannada as popularly known) in Karnataka. Ambik@n@g@r is soaked in the green pristine environs of the Western Ghats. It is approx. 510 Kms from Bangalore.
This is a settlement built by KPCL (Karnataka Power Corporation Ltd) for its employees, spans approx 3 Square Kms. This settlement popularly known as colony is classified into two parts: 1st Colony and 2nd Colony. Both the colonies complement one another in terms of needs and facilities. If the 1st colony hosts Primary school, 2nd colony houses the High school. If the 1st colony houses the administrative office complex the 2nd colony caters to the shopping tastes .
Nagajhari hydel power station is approx 10Kms from the settlement. It is the 2nd of the hydel power station built across the river Kali. It has total of six generating units with a total installed capacity of 855 MW.
Places in & around Ambik@n@g@r:
1. Sykes point: which is about 5Kms from Ambikanagar offers is a splendid panoramic view of the River Kali flowing through the valley below.There is a temple near by on top of a small hill. This temple is inside a cave, This place is called "kavaa caves". This place offers a great part of the untouched part of the forests of the Western Ghats.
2. Kavala Caves : There are 375 steps which the tourists have to climb down to reach the entrance. Next they have to crawl down 40ft deep through winding, narrow tunnels to catch a glimpse of the naturally created Shiva linga.
2. Bommanah@lli Dam : Bommanah@lli pick-up Dam is the key component for the Nagjhari Power House and will divert all the water drained from Upper Kaneri, Supa and Tattihalla reservoirs to generate about 3385 MU of energy annually at Nagjhari Power House. The reservoir has a catchment area of 1683 sq km. This composite dam (masonry concrete and earthen) is 28.96 m high. 1025 m long, built across Kalinadi near Bommanahalli village near Ambikanagar with a gross storage capacity of 97 M cum.
3. Syntheri Rocks : Syntheri rocks are breathtaking and beautiful. This is on the banks of river kali, which later merges with kali river. This is located 28 km distance from dandeli town. Its beauty is breathtaking which is accentuated by the small waterfall that gushes into a deep rocky ravine. Pigeons flock the nooks of these rocks and rock bees have built their hives well protected from the elements of nature, while mahasheer fish inhabit the waters below.
4. Kulgi Nature Camps : The camp is located at a distance of about 5 km from the Ambikanagar in Kulgi village. This is a very popular place with the tourists for the tented accommodation facilities that it offers. Located in the middle of the forests, it has about twelve tents named after different birds. It is spread over a large area and makes for a comfortable stay while you are exploring the sanctuary.
5. D@ndeli :D@ndeli is the ideal vacation for nature lovers. D@ndeli wildlife sanctuary is a heady mix of nature, adventure and wildlife, is growing in stature as the leading tourist destination. D@ndeli offer more than the sundry outings and picnics. The region offers the best of adventure sports, eco-tourism and pilgrimage. Nature lovers come here for unforgettable moments in the midst of nature.White River rafting is also available.
List of Resorts/Guest Houses surrounding Dandeli :
1. Hornbill River Resort.
2. Bison Resort.
3. Jungle Lodges & Resorts.
4. White water Resort.
4. Old Magazine House.
5. Pansoli Guest House.